Nutella proves a hearty pre-Carnival treat
T-minus three days and counting. It’s almost here: the moment you’ve all been waiting for. On Thursday, Carnival — the biggest party of the year — will start with a bang.
These next few days are truly a test of your patience as a human being, and the only possible solution lies in the magical powers of the single best thing that has ever been packaged in a plastic container: Nutella. This magical concoction of hazelnuts and chocolate can make absolutely any problem fade into nonexistence. So to help you get through the next few days, here are a few recipes that can make the wait a little more appealing.
Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
Adapted from wishfulchef.com
Difficulty: Hard, but worth it.
For brownie layer:
¾ cup of vegetable oil
¼ cup of Nutella
¾ cup of sugar
1 cup of flour
¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
For cheesecake layer:
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/3 cup of Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and grease a nine-inch square pan. For the brownie layer, mix the first four ingredients together until smooth, then add in the flour and cocoa powder. Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cheesecake ingredients until creamy and smooth, then pour over the brownie batter.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes or until the cheesecake has set.
- If desired, refrigerate until cool. Note that cheesecake fresh from the oven is also delicious.
No-Bake Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
3 tablespoons of butter
½ cup of sugar
¼ cup of milk
1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup of peanut butter
¾ cup of Nutella
2 cups of rolled oats
- Lay tin foil on a flat surface for the cookies to cool on.
- Combine the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan and heat until melted while mixing.
- Stir in the peanut butter and Nutella.
- When previous ingredients are combined, remove from heat and stir in oats.
- Use a spoon to form cookies on the tin foil and allow to cool before eating — if you can wait that long.
Flourless Nutella Cake
4 large eggs
8 ½ ounces of Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a six- or seven-inch circular pan.
- Beat the eggs for six minutes, or until they have roughly tripled in volume.
- Microwave the Nutella for 20 seconds to soften it. Add about one-third of the egg mixture and mix thoroughly. Repeat twice until the entire egg mixture is incorporated. Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Make sure to cool completely before serving.
An Almost-Empty Jar of Nutella Miracle
An almost empty jar of Nutella
- When your jar has almost run out, scoop some ice cream into it and stir.
- Congratulations — you’ve officially performed a miracle that you can eat with a spoon.