Crime and Incident

Alcohol Amnesty
Jan. 27, 2019
Officers responded to West Wing in response to reports of an intoxicated Carnegie Mellon student. The student was provided medical attention and no citations were issued, due to alcohol amnesty.

Alcohol Amnesty
Jan. 27, 2019
Officers responded to Morewood Gardens to aid an intoxicated University of Pittsburgh student. The student was provided medical attention and no citations were issued, due to alcohol amnesty.

Motor Vehicle Accident
Jan. 27th, 2019
Officers observed a motor vehicle accident on Fifth Avenue adjacent from Carnegie Mellon-owned property Residence on Fifth. During this time, a non-affiliate was observed to be under the influence of alcohol. Standard field sobriety tests were conducted and the non-affiliate was charged driving under the influence of alcohol or a control substance.

Access Device Fraud
Jan. 28, 2019
Officers responded to The Hub for a report of fraudulent charges discovered on a Carnegie Mellon student’s identification card. The investigation is ongoing.

Disorderly Conduct
Jan. 28, 2019
Officers responded to Welch House after reports of an odor of marijuana. Officers made contact with a Carnegie Mellon student who provided the small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. The student was issued a non-traffic citation (disorderly conduct).

Alcohol Amnesty
Jan. 30, 2019
Officers responded to Donner House for an intoxicated Carnegie Mellon student. The Carnegie Mellon Student was provided medical attention and no citation were issued, due to alcohol amnesty.

Disorderly Conduct
Jan. 31, 2019
rd observed two Carnegie Mellon students smoking marijuana outside of the main entrance to The Underground. Officers arrived on scene and made contact with the two Carnegie Mellon students who admitted to smoking marijuana. Non-traffic citations were issued to both parties, due to smoking marijuana and the drug paraphernalia recovered.

Theft and Vandalism
Jan. 31, 2019
Officers responded to Mudge House after receiving reports of broken glass on a vending machine. It was discovered that numerous food items were stolen from the vending machine.

Vandalism
Jan. 31, 2019
Officers responded to the Greek Quadrangle to investigate graffiti discovered on the storage barrels used for kitchen materials.

Theft of a Wallet
Jan. 31, 2019
A wallet was stolen in the Cohon University Fitness Center. A Carnegie Mellon student reported that their wallet was taken from the locker room area. An investigation is ongoing.

Burglary, Unlawful Entry
Jan. 31, 2019
Officers responded to Carnegie Mellon-leased property Fairfax Apartments for a burglary. A Carnegie Mellon student reported that money was taken from their apartment. The investigation is ongoing.

Alcohol Amnesty
Feb. 1, 2019
Officers responded to Mudge House to check on an intoxicated Carnegie Mellon student. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided medical attention and no citations were issued, due to alcohol amnesty.