Crime and Incident

Underage Drinking
Sept. 3, 2017

University Police responded to Morewood E-Tower in response to a report of an intoxicated female. The student was provided with medical attention and issued a citation for underage drinking.

Theft of Backpack
Sept. 3, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that his backpack was unlawfully taken from Doherty Hall. An investigation is ongoing.

Public Drunkenness
Sept. 4, 2017

University Police responded to Margaret Morrison Street in response to a report of an intoxicated female. The student was provided with medical attention and issued a citation for public drunkenness.

Alcohol Amnesty
Sept. 4, 2017

University Police responded to Fairfax Apartments and Kappa Sigma in response to reports of intoxicated individuals. Two Carnegie Mellon students were provided with medical attention and no citations were issued.

Suspicious Person
Sept. 4, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student told University Police that she was chased outside of her residence in the Greek Quad by an unknown male. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Activity
Sept. 5, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that a male was filming her as she exercised in the Cohon Center. An investigation is ongoing.

Telephone Scam Attempt
Sept. 6, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon staff member reported that he received a scam phone call from an unknown person who had spoofed their phone number using another staff member’s work phone number. An investigation is ongoing.

Indecent Exposure
Sept. 6, 2017

While walking on Beeler Street, an unknown male asked a Carnegie Mellon student for directions. When she approached the car, the male was seen to be masturbating. University Police and Pittsburgh Bureau of Police are investigating this incident.

Theft of Bicycle
Sept. 6, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student's bicycle was unlawfully removed from in front of the Residence on Fifth. An investigation is ongoing.

Vehicle vs. Pedestrian
Sept. 7, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student told University Police that as he exited a Port Authority Bus on the intersection of Forbes Avenue and Margaret Morrison Street, he failed to check for oncoming traffic and was struck by a vehicle as he jaywalked across the street. The student was provided with medical attention and released from the scene.