Crime and Incident

Harassment
March 30, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon staff member reported to University Police that they were receiving harassing emails. An investigation is ongoing.

Criminal Trespass/Suspicious Male
March 31, 2017

University Police responded to the Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity after receiving a report of a suspicious male who was inside the building with a knife. The male left the fraternity prior to the officers’ arrival. Officers searched the surrounding area but were unable to locate the male. An investigation is ongoing.

Alcohol Amnesty
March 31, 2017

University Police responded to the Tepper Quad after receiving a report of an intoxicated student. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention. All criteria of Alcohol Amnesty were met, and no citations were issued.

Criminal Mischief/Theft
March 31, 2017

A vending machine in Donner House was reportedly damaged. An AVI Foodsystems, Inc. employee stated that an unknown person removed the glass from the vending machine and unlawfully took several items from inside. An investigation is ongoing.

Disorderly Conduct
March 31, 2017

Two people were reportedly fighting in the iNoodle restaurant in Newell Simon Hall. University Police separated the parties, and one non-affiliate was issued a citation for disorderly conduct.

Carrying a False Identification Card
April 1, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon staff member turned over a found wallet containing a fake identification card to University Police. The owner of the wallet, a Carnegie Mellon student, was issued a citation for possession of a false identification card.

Assist Outside Agency/Disorderly Conduct
April 2, 2017

University Police assisted Pittsburgh Bureau of Police officers on Forbes Avenue regarding two Carnegie Mellon students who were found in possession of stolen street signs. The students were issued citations for disorderly conduct by the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police.

Alcohol Amnesty
April 2, 2017

University Police responded to the Stever House after receiving a report of an intoxicated student. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention. All criteria of Alcohol Amnesty were met, and no citations were issued.

Carrying a False Identification Card
April 5, 2017

Driving Under the Influence
April 5, 2017

A University Police Officer observed a vehicle driving at high speed on Forbes Avenue. The officer conducted a traffic stop of the vehicle and discovered that the driver was intoxicated. The driver was placed under arrest for DUI and multiple other vehicle code violations.

Disorderly Conduct
April 5, 2017

University Police assisted Pittsburgh Bureau of Police with a loud party on Beeler Street. Three Carnegie Mellon students were issued citations for disorderly conduct by the Pittsburgh Police.

Theft of Backpack
April 5, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that her backpack was unlawfully removed from the Resnik Café. An investigation is ongoing.