Calendar

Wednesday Feb. 8
Carnegie Mellon University Contemporary Music Ensemble
8 p.m.–10 p.m.
Kelly Strayhorn Theater
5941 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Tickets: music.cmu.edu/events/629

The Carnegie Mellon University Contemporary Music Ensemble is hosting a Free Winter Concert this Wednesday. As always, the event is open to all who wish to attend, and will include an exciting range of pieces including Ingram Marshall’s "A Peaceable Kingdom," John Luther Adams’ "The Light Within" and the World Premiere of Nancy Galbraith’s "Violin Concerto No. 1."

Friday, Feb. 10 - Saturday, Feb. 11
Luminescence
8 p.m.
Stephen Foster Memorial
4301 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Tickets: $6 for students, $12 for general public at the door

The University of Pittsburgh’s Dance Ensemble is hosting their Winter Dance Concert, Luminescence, this Friday and Saturday. Pieces choreographed by professionals and students will be performed, and tickets will be available at the door.

Friday, Feb. 10, 8 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 11, 10 p.m.
Pilobolus’ Shadowland
Byham Theater
101 6th St., Pittburgh, PA 15222
Tickets Available starting at $10 at www.trustarts.org/production/49715/pilobolus-shadowland?cid=CT_20170125_fb_dc17_pilobolus_event

Shadowland is the unique combination of dance and shadow-puppetry, which comes together to portray a young girl’s dream world. With nightfall as a motif, stunning visuals, and a strong mystical tone, Shadowland promises to wow all those who attend.

Saturday, Feb. 11
Cupid’s Undie Run
12 – 4 p.m.
McFadden’s Pittsburgh
211 N Shore Dr., Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Registration open at my.cupids.org/registration/

Embrace the frigid air, put on your favorite pair of underwear, and come out to this one-of-a-kind fundraiser for the Children’s Tumor Foundation. Cupid’s Undie Run is nothing short of a celebration — with a little running in between — and brings a kooky edge to a great cause. Register by Wednesday to secure your spot.

Sunday, Feb. 12
Breakfast in Bed: All you need is Love
11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Mattress Factory - Museum of Contemporary Art
505 Jacksonia St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Tickets: www.showclix.com/event/brunch-all-you-need-is-love

If you’re over 21, and looking for a last minute Valentine's event for you and your significant other, this brunch might be the answer to your prayers. The Mattress Factory is putting together a beautiful brunch, with drinks, a hearty meal, free museum admission, and plenty of unique activities to take part in.

Lunar New Year Parade
11 a.m.–12 p.m.
Murray Ave. at Phillips Ave.
2345 Murray Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15217

Head up to Squirrel Hill this Sunday to ring in the Year of the Rooster at the annual Lunar New Year Parade. More than 30 groups will be participating in the event, and plenty of Asian restaurants in Squirrel Hill will be offering special menu items and discounts during the event.