Crime and Incident

Alcohol Amnesty
Oct. 29, 2017

University police responded to a report of two intoxicated students at Mudge House. Both students were provided with medical attention. Alcohol Amnesty applied and no citations were issued.

Telephone Scams
Oct. 30-Nov. 3, 2017

Multiple reports were filed for harassing telephone scams. Calls came from unknown numbers trying to get personal information from students and staff members. Some of the callers claimed to be from police departments or the FBI.

Oct. 30, 2017

University Police took a report from a staff member who was receiving multiple harassing emails from an unknown sender. An investigation is ongoing.

Lost Property
Oct. 31, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that she lost her iPhone in Kirr Commons between 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. The phone is a pink iPhone 7 Plus encased in a black and white, cat-shaped phone case. An investigation is ongoing.

Vehicle Break In
Nov. 1, 2017

University Police was dispatched to Morewood Gardens in response to a vehicle break-in that occurred on Forbes Avenue at Carnegie Mellon-owned housing. A Carnegie Mellon staff member reported that the vehicle was left unlocked overnight and items inside were moved around by an unknown person. It was unknown at this time if anything was missing from the vehicle. An investigation is ongoing.

Road Rage Incident
Nov. 2, 2017

University Police responded to the area of Margaret Morrison Street for a report of an erratic driver. A Carnegie Mellon staff member reported the driver, who was in an orange colored vehicle that failed to stop at a stop sign, was shouting out the window at other staff members. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Activity
Nov. 3, 2017

Smoke detectors in Margaret Morrison Apartments were reportedly tampered with to prevent them from activating. An investigation is ongoing.

Disorderly Conduct
Nov. 3, 2017

University Police responded to Margaret Morrison apartments for an investigation and observed drug paraphernalia on a table in a residence. A Carnegie Mellon student was issued a citation for disorderly conduct.

Lost iPhone
Nov. 3, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student who reportedly lost his phone stated that he last had his phone on the evening of Oct. 20 in the Greek Quad and it is unknown where the phone was misplaced. The cell phone is described as a red iPhone 7 Plus and is not in a case.