Crime and Incident

Alcohol Amnesty
Nov. 5, 2017

University Police responded to the East Campus Garage, Roselawn Terrace, and Donner House in response to reports of three intoxicated Carnegie Mellon students. Each student was provided with medical attention and no citations were issued due to alcohol amnesty.

Theft of Textbooks
Nov. 6, 2017

A student reported that several textbooks were stolen from Hamerschlag Hall. An investigation is ongoing.

Telephone Scam
Nov. 6, 2017

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that she received a phone call from an unknown male who claimed to be from the Internal Revenue Service and the Pittsburgh Police. He requested the student provide him with a large amount of money.

Theft of Currency
Nov. 7, 2017

A student reported that a large amount of money that he had secured in the Purnell Center was stolen.

Suspicious Male/Scam
Nov. 7, 2017

University Police responded to the intersection of Craig Street and Fifth Avenue for a male who was soliciting money that he claimed he needed for a locksmith.

Suspicious Person
Nov. 8, 2017

University Police responded to the Cohon Center for a suspicious male.

Suspicious Person
Nov. 8, 2017

University Police responded to the Hunt Library in response to reports of two suspicious males. The two non-affiliates were identified, issued Defiant Trespass warnings, and escorted from campus.

Harassment
Nov. 8, 2017

A CulinArt employee reported that he had been harassed by a former CulinArt employee. An investigation is ongoing.

Disorderly Conduct/Small Amount of Marijuana
Nov. 8, 2017

A University Police Officer traveling on Fifth Avenue detected an odor of marijuana emanating from a vehicle. University Police conducted a traffic stop of the vehicle and a small amount of marijuana was recovered. The non-affiliate was issued citations for Disorderly Conduct and various vehicle code violations.

Nov. 8, 2017

University Police responded to Donner House in response to an odor of marijuana. They recovered a small amount of marijuana and two students were issued citations for Disorderly Conduct.

Underage Drinking
Nov. 10, 2017

Three intoxicated students were reported to be on the roof of Skibo Gym. The students were provided with medical attention and issued citations for underage drinking.

Theft of Wallet
Nov. 10, 2017

An Aramark employee reported that her wallet was stolen from the Greek Quad. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft of Backpack
Nov. 10, 2017

A student reported that his backpack was removed from the Gates Hillman Complex. An investigation is ongoing.

Disorderly Conduct
Nov. 11, 2017

University Police responded to Devon Road for several individuals who were smoking marijuana. They seized a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and five Carnegie Mellon students were issued citations for Disorderly Conduct.

Alcohol Amnesty/Carrying a False Identification Card
Nov. 11, 2017

University Police responded to the Intramurals Field for an intoxicated male. After being provided with medical attention, the student was not issued a citation for underage drinking due to amnesty, but was issued a citation for being found in possession of a false ID card.