Crime and Incident

Assist Outside Agency/Robbery
Sept. 16, 2016

University Police responded to Morewood Avenue after learning that a Carnegie Mellon University student was the victim of a robbery near the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Wilkins Avenue. An investigation in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Police is ongoing.

Theft of CMU Identification Card
Sept. 16, 2016

A University staff member reported to University Police that his Carnegie Mellon ID card was stolen from the men’s locker room in the Cohon Center.

Burglary
Sept. 16, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon University student reported to University Police that her laptop was stolen from her room in Morewood Gardens. An investigation is ongoing.

Assist Outside Agency/Public Drunkenness
Sept. 17, 2016

University Police responded to Beeler Street to assist Pittsburgh Police with an intoxicated male student. The Carnegie Mellon University student was provided with medical attention and was issued a citation for Public Drunkenness.

Receiving Stolen Property
Sept. 18, 2016

A University staff member reported that a fraternity was in possession of several traffic signs. University Police responded to the fraternity and seized the traffic signs. An investigation is ongoing.

Traffic Stop/Warrant Arrest
Sept. 21, 2016

A University Police officer conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle on Bellefield Avenue for several traffic violations. An investigation found the driver of the vehicle had an active warrant for his arrest. The Police officer executed the warrant and the driver was taken into custody.

Theft from Motor Vehicle
Sept. 21, 2016

A non-affiliate of the University advised University Police that a decal was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in the Collaborative Innovation Center garage. An investigation is ongoing.