Crime and Incident

Alcohol Amnesty
Sept. 10, 2016

University Police responded to Scobell House in response to a report of an intoxicated male. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention. Alcohol Amnesty applied and no citations were issued.

Assist Outside Agency/Possession of Alcohol
Sept. 10, 2016

Three Carnegie Mellon students were found carrying open containers of alcohol while walking on Beeler Street. All three students were issued citations for possession of alcohol while being under 21 years old.

Vehicle Damage
Sept. 12, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon staff member reported that a Facilities Management Services (FMS) vehicle was damaged over the weekend while parked in the Morewood parking area.

Theft of Laptop
Sept. 12, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that his laptop was unlawfully removed from the Schatz dining room in the Cohon Center. An investigation is ongoing.

Cruelty to Animals
Sept. 14, 2016

University Police responded to Frew Street in response to a report of a canine who had escaped from a locked vehicle. The officers arrived on scene and found the canine in distress and provided the animal with aid. An investigation uncovered that the owner of the canine was issued a citation for cruelty to animals.

Theft By Deception
Sept. 15, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that she was a victim of a scam. The student told University Police that an unknown person posing as an IRS agent contacted her over the phone, told her that she was the subject of tax fraud investigation, and demanded she pay a large sum of money. An investigation is ongoing.