Crime and Incident

Criminal Mischief/Assist Outside Agency
Aug. 20, 2016

A University Police Officer assisted the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police in the apprehension of a male attempting to break into a vehicle.

Alcohol Amnesty
Aug. 23, 2016

University Police responded to a report of an intoxicated male at Margaret Morrison Apartments. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention. All criteria of Alcohol Amnesty were met and no citations were issued.

Theft of iPhone
Aug. 23, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon staff member's iPhone was unlawfully removed from Scott Hall after he accidentally left it unattended by Rothberg's Eatery.

Welfare Check
Aug. 23, 2016

A male laying on the grass was observed by a University Police Officer on patrol in the Greek Quad. The officer made contact with the male who was found to be intoxicated. The student was provided with medical attention and no citations were issued due to the male being over the legal drinking age.

Odor of Marijuana/Disorderly Conduct
Aug. 24, 2016

A University Police Officer on patrol in the area of Tech Street and Margaret Morrison street observed a male smoking marijuana. The officer made contact with the male who was found to be a Carnegie Mellon student. A small amount of marijuana was seized and the student was issued a citation for Disorderly Conduct.

Suspicious Person
Aug. 24, 2016

A suspicious female was reported wandering Wean Hall. The non-affiliate was issued a Defiant Trespass Warning by University Police and was escorted from campus without incident.

Theft of Bicycle
Aug. 24, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student's bicycle was unlawfully removed from the bicycle rack located outside of Stever House. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft of Computer Monitor and Keyboard
Aug. 25, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported to University Police that his computer monitor and keyboard were unlawfully removed from the Mudge House storage area sometime over summer break. An investigation is ongoing.