Crime and Incident

Alcohol Amnesty
March 26, 2016

University Police responded to Scobell House, Margaret Morrison Apartments, and Alpha Chi Omega in response to reports of intoxicated students. Four Carnegie Mellon students were provided with medical attention. Alcohol Amnesty was applied and no citations were issued.

Criminal Mischief
March 27, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported to University Police that while she was walking on Fifth Avenue, near the Residence on Fifth, four to five unknown males threw several eggs at her. The student was unharmed and denied medical attention.

Disorderly Conduct
March 27, 2016

Two Carnegie Mellon students engaged in sexual conduct were discovered by a University Police Officer on patrol in Posner Hall. Both students were issued Pennsylvania non-traffic citations for disorderly conduct.

Suspicious Activity
March 27, 2016

A damaged door at the Posner Hall loading dock was reported to University Police. It was discovered that the door had tape placed over the locking mechanism which prevented the door from locking. The responding officer removed the tape and secured the door.

Theft of Bicycle Tires
March 27, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that his bicycle tires were unlawfully removed from his bicycle. The student stated that during the incident his bicycle was secured to the Doherty Hall bicycle racks which face the Mall area. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft of Loose Change
March 28, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon staff member told University Police that $1.50 in loose change was unlawfully removed from his desk in Tepper Hall.

Suspicious Activity
March 29, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student working in the Margaret Morrison Plaza reported that she received a suspicious phone call while working in the Housing office.

Suspicious Package/Assist Outside Agency
March 30, 2016

A University Police Officer assisted the City of Pittsburgh Police Bomb Squad in response to a suspicious package found at the intersection of North Craig Street and Fifth Avenue. An investigation determined that the package was not hazardous.