Crime and Incident

Disorderly Conduct
April 16, 2016

A University Security Officer had a bag of chalk dust thrown in his face by a male. University Police Officers responded and the male was identified as a Carnegie Mellon alumni. The male was escorted off campus and was issued a citation for Disorderly Conduct.

Underage Drinking
April 16, 2016

University Police responded to Mudge House after receiving a report of an underage drinking party. University Police recovered several bottles of alcohol from the premises. Seven Carnegie Mellon students were issued citations for underage drinking.

Assist Outside Agency/Noise Complaint
April 16, 2016

University Police responded to an address on Beeler Street to assist the City of Pittsburgh Police with a report of a loud party. University Police Officers assisted Pittsburgh Police Officers as they ended the party and dispersed the crowd without incident.

Suspicious Activity
April 18, 2016

Two University Staff members reported suspicious activity occurring in Wean and Warner Hall. In the first incident, the staff member found a secure conference room in Wean Hall in disarray. In the second incident, the staff member reported that a suspicious letter was placed on another staff member’s vehicle.

Theft of Backpack
April 19, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported to University Police that her backpack was unlawfully removed from Resnik Cafe. The backpack was mistakenly taken by another student and was returned intact.

Suspicious Person
April 20, 2016

A University Security Officer on patrol in the Mellon Institute observed a disorderly male in the building. The male was identified as a non-affiliate and stated that he was upset because he was not allowed to access the building since he was a non-affiliate. The male was advised of the security policy of the Mellon Institute and was allowed to leave the area without further incident.

Burglary/Criminal Mischief
April 21, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that an unknown person unlawfully entered her apartment in Fairfax Apartments and spilled the contents of various food and drink containers on her wall, carpet, and couch. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft of DJ Equipment
April 22, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported that several items of DJ equipment were unlawfully removed from his apartment in Margaret Morrison Apartments. An investigation is ongoing.