Crime and Incident

Simple Assault
April 10, 2016

An owner of a restaurant in the Cohon Center reported to University Police that an employee struck him in the face after an argument. The assailant was charged with simple assault.

Burglary
April 14, 2016

University Police responded to Kappa Alpha Theta in response to a report of two separate burglaries. Two Carnegie Mellon students told University Police that their laptops were unlawfully removed from their rooms. An investigation is ongoing.

Disorderly Conduct
April 14, 2016

A security officer on patrol in the area of Scobell House observed a male place a clear plastic baggie containing drug paraphernalia into his pocket. University Police Officers issued the Carnegie Mellon student with a citation for Disorderly Conduct.

Assist Outside Agency/Burglary
April 14, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon Police Sergeant on patrol in the area of Phipps Conservatory observed a male who was being sought by the City of Pittsburgh Police for burglary. The Carnegie Mellon Police Sergeant detained the male until the arrival of the Pittsburgh Police who placed the male into custody.

Underage Drinking
April 15, 2016

University Police responded to Stever House in response to a report of underage drinking. Five Carnegie Mellon students were issued citations for underage drinking.

Trespass
April 15, 2016

A University Police officer on patrol in the area of the Cut observed a male on the roof of the Cohon Center. A Carnegie Mellon student was issued a citation for trespassing.

Threatening Message
April 15, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student told University Police that while speaking on her cell phone in the area of Fairfax Apartments, a male yelled at her, threatening to kill her. An investigation is ongoing.

Disorderly Conduct/Odor of marijuana
April 15, 2016

University Police responded to Donner House, Fairfax Apartments, and Hamerschlag House in response to reports of an odor of marijuana. University Police seized marijuana and drug paraphernalia and five Carnegie Mellon students and one non-affiliate were issued citations for Disorderly Conduct.