Crime and Incident

Suspicious Activity
March 20, 2016

A University Security Officer observed four unauthorized University of Pittsburgh students in the Cohon University Center construction site. The students were warned not to return and were released from the scene.

Harassment
March 20, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student told University Police that while she was at a bus stop on the Southside of Pittsburgh an unknown male threw an unknown substance at her. The student was unharmed and the City of Pittsburgh Police is investigating this incident.

Vehicle vs. Pedestrian Accident
March 22, 2016

University Police assisted the City of Pittsburgh Police with two separate vehicle vs. pedestrian accidents involving Carnegie Mellon students. The accidents occurred at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Neville Street and at the intersection of Bates Street and the Boulevard of the Allies. Both students were provided with medical attention.

Odor of Marijuana/Disorderly Conduct
March 23, 2016

University Police responded to Mudge House after receiving reports of an odor of marijuana. A small amount of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia were seized and two Carnegie Mellon students were issued Pennsylvania non-traffic citations for disorderly conduct.

Burglary
March 23, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon faculty member told University Police that a large amount of money was unlawfully removed from the Conflict Kitchen overnight. An investigation is ongoing

Suspicious Male
March 25, 2016

A University Security Officer observed a suspicious male sleeping in West Wing. University Police Officers responded and identified the male as a non-affiliate of the University. The male was issued a defiant trespass warning and escorted off campus without incident.

Theft of Headphones/Umbrella/Cutout
March 25, 2016

University Police responded to three separate theft reports at Tepper Hall. It was reported that a pair of headphones, an umbrella, and a cardboard cutout of David Tepper were unlawfully removed from Tepper Hall. Multiple investigations are ongoing.