Crime and Incident

Read through the Carnegie Mellon crime and incidents that were recently reported.

Alcohol Amnesty
Jan. 30, 2016
Three intoxicated Carnegie Mellon students were granted amnesty after receiving medical attention near Mudge House, Morewood Gardens E-Tower, and Margaret Morrison Street. No citations were issued.

Use of a Controlled Substance
Jan. 31, 2016
Two Carnegie Mellon students and a Duquesne student received medical attention after University Police received a report of two males being under the influence of LSD. An investigation is ongoing.

Vehicle Damage
Feb. 1, 2016
An Facilities Management Services truck was struck by a passing vehicle on Margaret Morrison Street. University Police helped parties exchange information.

Burglary
Feb. 2, 2016
Two Carnegie Mellon students reported that $180 and $630 respectively were stolen from their suite in West Wing between 2:30 and 6:30 p.m. An investigation is ongoing.

Harassment
Feb. 3, 2016
University Police responded to reports in Scaife Hall that a staff member was repeatedly harassed via phone calls, faxes, and emails. An investigation is ongoing.

Underage Drinking
Feb. 3, 2016
University Police responded to a report of an odor of marijuana in Mudge House. A Carnegie Mellon student received medical attention and was given a citation after University Police discovered that the student had reportedly consumed alcoholic beverages while under the legal drinking age of 21.

Harassment
Feb. 5, 2016
A Carnegie Mellon student reported being harassed in the Cohon Center. Upon further investigation, University Police found that the culprit was a non-affiliate of Carnegie Mellon. Police issued a defiant trespass warning which advises that if they return to Carnegie Mellon property they will be subject to arrest.