Crime and Incident

Alcohol Amnesty
Feb. 20, 2016

University Police responded to Stever House after receiving reports of an intoxicated male. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention. Alcohol Amnesty was applied and no citations were issued.

Access Device Fraud
Feb. 20, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reportedly lost her Carnegie Mellon ID and after further research, noticed that the thief was fraudulently purchasing meals with the ID card. An investigation is ongoing.

Alcohol Amnesty
Feb. 21, 2016

University Police responded to Roselawn Terrace after receiving reports of an intoxicated male. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention. Alcohol Amnesty was applied and no citations were issued.

Suspicious Male
Feb. 22, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon staff member observed a suspicious male on Carnegie Mellon leased property at 161 North Dithridge Street, the location of Carnegie Mellon University’s Contracts office. The suspicious male entered the office, but then left the area without a word when the staff member attempted to speak to him. An investigation is ongoing.

Burglary
Feb. 25, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student’s off-campus residence on North Craig Street was reportedly burglarized. The City of Pittsburgh Police is handling the investigation.

Criminal Mischief
Feb. 26, 2016

University Police was called to Tepper Hall after it was reported that there were two holes in the wall on the A level of the building. An investigation is ongoing.

Possession of a Controlled Substance
Feb. 26, 2016

A University Police Officer on patrol near the intersection of Forbes Avenue and S. Craig Street observed a vehicle traveling at night with no illuminated head lights. The officer conducted a traffic stop of the vehicle when he detected a strong odor of marijuana emanating from the car. After an investigation, officers recovered 44 stamp bags of heroin and a small amount of marijuana. The driver was placed under arrest and was charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of a small amount of marijuana, and several vehicle code violations.