Crime and Incident

Alcohol Amnesty
Feb. 13, 2016

University Police responded to Shirley Apartments after receiving reports of an intoxicated female. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention. Alcohol Amnesty was applied, and no citations were issued.

Brandishing of a Firearm
Feb. 13, 2016

At 1:20 a.m., a Carnegie Mellon student walking on Robinson Street was approached by an unknown male who stated that he had a gun and then proceeded to brandish a firearm. The student was able to leave the area unharmed. The City of Pittsburgh Police is handling the investigation.

Disorderly Conduct
Feb. 13, 2016

A University Security Officer caught two Carnegie Mellon students engaging in a lewd act in Porter Hall. Both students were issued Pennsylvania State citations for disorderly conduct.

Alcohol Amnesty
Feb. 14, 2016

University Police responded to Morewood Gardens after receiving reports of an intoxicated male. This student was provided medical attention. Alcohol Amnesty was applied, and no citations were issued.

Suspicious Person
Feb. 16, 2016

A suspicious male was spotted in the Gates Hillman Complex, suspected of loitering in one of the lounge areas. University Police identified the male as a Carnegie Mellon student and advised him that he could not sleep in the lounge area.

Domestic Situation
Feb. 16, 2016

A domestic abuse situation was reported from Scaife Hall. After investigating the matter, University Police determined that it was a verbal altercation. Additionally, a Carnegie Mellon non-affiliate participating in this altercation was issued a defiant trespass warning.

Hazardous Condition
Feb. 17, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student told University Police that in Oct. 2015 she tripped on a step in the rear of Skibo Gym due to a light being out. FMS was notified to fix the broken light.