Crime and Incident

Theft of Bicycle
Feb. 6, 2016
A Carnegie Mellon student reported to University Police that his bicycle was unlawfully removed from the bicycle racks next to Doherty Hall. The student described the bicycle as being a black mountain bicycle with white writing, blue fenders, and street tires. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Male
Feb. 8, 2016
A university police officer in the area of the Cohon Center’s loading dock observed a suspicious male who appeared to be carrying a concealed firearm. University Police made contact with the non-affiliate and confirmed that the male was carrying a concealed firearm with a valid concealed carry permit. The non-affiliate was advised of Carnegie Mellon’s policy prohibiting firearms on campus and was advised not to bring his firearm back onto campus in the future.

Odor of Marijuana/Underage Drinking/Disorderly Conduct
Feb. 8, 2016
University Police responded to Mudge House after receiving reports of an odor of marijuana. A Carnegie Mellon student was cited for underage drinking after University Police seized two bottles of beer in addition to drug paraphernalia from the students’ room. An investigation is ongoing and additional charges of disorderly conduct are pending.

Lost Property
Feb. 8, 2016
University Police responded to the Cohon Center after receiving a report of a missing backpack. A Carnegie Mellon student advised University police that at 6 p.m. she placed her backpack containing her laptop on the top shelf of the Giving Wall in the basement of the Cohon Center. When the student returned at 7 p.m., her backpack and laptop were gone. The backpack is described as being black in color with gold zippers. The missing laptop is a 15” Apple MacBook Pro in a black marble case. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft of Laptop
Feb. 9, 2016
University Police responded to the Cohon Center after receiving a report of a stolen laptop. A Carnegie Mellon student told University Police that at 1:55 p.m. he left his MacBook Pro laptop near the first floor web station. When the student returned to the area at 5 p.m. he noticed that his laptop had been unlawfully removed. An investigation is ongoing.

Burglary
Feb. 10, 2016
University Police responded to Carnegie Mellon owned property on Henry Street after receiving a report of a burglary. A Carnegie Mellon staff member told University Police that the front door of the building had been kicked in. An investigation is ongoing.

Vehicle Damage
Feb. 11, 2016
University Police responded to the Collaborative Innovation Center (CIC) garage after receiving reports that a truck had struck the roof the garage. University Police obtained the information of the driver of the truck and FMS confirmed that there was no structural damage done to the garage.

Suspicious Person
Feb. 12, 2016
University Police responded to a Carnegie Mellon staff member’s home on Devonshire Road after the resident reported seeing a suspicious male in the yard. By the time University Police arrived on scene the male was gone. An investigation is ongoing.