Crime and Incident

Underage Drinking
Jan. 23, 2016
University Police responded to Stever House in response to reports of an intoxicated male. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention and was issued a citation for underage drinking.

Alcohol Amnesty
Jan. 24, 2016
University Police responded to Mudge House in response to a report of an intoxicated male. The Carnegie Mellon student was provided with medical attention. All criteria of alcohol amnesty were met, and no citations were issued.

Odor of Marijuana/Disorderly Conduct
Jan. 25, 2016
University Police responded to Boss House after receiving complaints about an odor of marijuana. Officers recovered marijuana and other drug paraphernalia from the site, and the Carnegie Mellon student responsible was issued a Pennsylvania state citation for disorderly conduct.

Theft by Deception
Jan. 26, 2016
A Carnegie Mellon student reported to University Police that she was the victim of an online scam. After posting her resume online, the student was contacted by a company who requested that she deposit a check sent by the company into her personal bank account. The student then followed instructions from the company to withdraw a large amount of money from her personal bank account and sent the money to a California state address. On Jan. 26 she discovered that the check sent from the company had bounced and she had lost a large amount of money from her personal bank account. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft of iPhone Charger
Jan. 27, 2016
University Police responded to Doherty Hall in response to a reportedly stolen iPhone charger. A Carnegie Mellon student told University Police that his iPhone charger was unlawfully removed from Doherty Hall sometime between 10 p.m. on Jan. 26 and 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 27. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Male
Jan. 28, 2016
A University security officer observed a suspicious male at the Cohon University Center equipment desk. University police officers made contact with the Carnegie Mellon non-affiliate, who was escorted off of campus without incident.

Suspicious Male
Jan. 28, 2016
University Police responded to the College of Fine Arts (CFA) after receiving a report of a suspicious male. A Carnegie Mellon student told University police that a suspicious male followed him from the Cohon University Center to CFA. The male reportedly made inappropriate comments to the student before leaving the area in an unknown direction.

Odor of Marijuana/Disorderly Conduct
Jan. 29, 2016
University Police responded to Boss House in response to complaints of an odor of marijuana. Officers recovered marijuana and other drug paraphernalia, and a Carnegie Mellon student was issued a Pennsylvania state citation for disorderly conduct.