Crime and Incident

Fire
Nov. 25, 2016

A University Security Officer extinguished a fire in Warner Hall. The fire was caused by a faulty power cord.

Suspicious Person
Nov. 26, 2016

University Police responded to the Cohon Center after receiving reports of a suspicious person. A non-affiliate of Carnegie Mellon was removed from campus without incident.

Theft by Deception
Nov. 27, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student was contacted by an unknown person who claimed to be a representative of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The individual stated that the student was in violation of tax laws and was subject to deportation if the student did not pay a fine. The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police is investigating this incident.

Criminal Mischief
Nov. 28, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon staff member reported that an unknown person sprayed lubricant on his personal locker and damaged an item inside of the locker.

Suspicious Activity
Nov. 29, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student was contacted by a person who claimed to be a representative of the Internal Revenue Service. The person told the student that they owed a large amount of taxes from recent monetary transactions. An investigation is ongoing.

Suspicious Activity
Nov. 30, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon staff member reported that an unknown person is unlawfully using a suite in Porter Hall overnight. An investigation is ongoing.

Theft of Key
Dec. 1, 2016

A staff member reported that a key was unlawfully removed from her mailbox in the College of Fine Arts. An investigation is ongoing.