Crime and Incident

Alcohol Amnesty
Nov. 12, 2016

University Police responded to Delta Tau Delta after receiving a report of a male student who struck his head. Police also discovered an intoxicated Carnegie Mellon student on the premises. The second student was provided with medical attention. Amnesty was enacted and no citations were issued.

Underage Drinking
Nov. 13, 2016

A University Police Officer discovered an intoxicated Carnegie Mellon student by the dorms on the Hill. The male student received medical attention and a citation for underage drinking.

Burglary
Nov. 14, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon staff member's laptop was reportedly stolen from Warner Hall. The investigation is still ongoing.

Suspicious Activity
Nov. 14, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon staff member filed a report with University Police after he noticed a suspicious letter was placed on his car while it was parked on campus. The investigation is ongoing.

Harassment/Ethnic Intimidation
Nov. 15, 2016

A person in a vehicle yelled a racial slur towards a female Carnegie Mellon student while she was walking along Forbes Avenue. The investigation is still ongoing.

Vehicle Damage/Hit and Run
Nov. 15, 2016

A hit and run incident occurred in the East Campus Garage. University Police investigated the situation and were able to find the person responsible. University Police assisted in the exchange of information between each driver.

Found Property/Carrying a False Identification Card
Nov. 16, 2016

A wallet which contained two fake identification cards was discovered in the Gates/Hillman Center. The wallet was returned to its owner and the Carnegie Mellon student received a citation for carrying a false identification card.

Theft of iPhone/CMU ID/Debit Card and Access Device Fraud
Nov. 16, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported to University Police that her iPhone, Carnegie Mellon ID, and Debit Card were unlawfully removed from Doherty Hall. Several fraudulent transactions were reportedly made on her debit card. The investigation is still ongoing.