Crime and Incident

Disorderly Conduct/Odor of Marijuana
Jan. 16, 2016

University Police responded to an alert from Fairfax Apartments to investigate an odor of marijuana. Officers seized a small amount of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia from the apartment. The Carnegie Mellon student received a Pennsylvania state citation for disorderly conduct.

Burglary
Jan. 16, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student advised University Police that $200 was unlawfully removed from her apartment in Webster Hall sometime between 2:30 p.m. on Dec. 21, 2015 and 12:55 p.m. on Jan. 16, 2016. The investigation is ongoing.

Theft of Wallet
Jan. 19, 2016

A Carnegie Mellon student reported to University Police that her wallet was unlawfully removed from the second floor restroom in Roberts Hall after she left it in the restroom.

Assist Outside Agency/Criminal Mischief
Jan. 20, 2016

University Police assisted detectives from the City of Pittsburgh Police department with an ongoing criminal mischief investigation. Pittsburgh Police detectives questioned a Carnegie Mellon student regarding numerous graffiti located in the City of Pittsburgh. A City of Pittsburgh Police investigation is ongoing.

Assist Outside Agency/False Identification Cards
Jan. 20, 2016

University Police assisted special agents from the Department of Homeland Security with an ongoing investigation involving fake identification cards. Homeland Security special agents questioned two Carnegie Mellon students regarding their online purchase of fake identification cards.

Lost Backpack
Jan. 22, 2016

University Police responded to Newell Simon Hall for a report of a lost backpack. A Carnegie Mellon student advised University police that at 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 21 he left his backpack in a jointly shared office, and when he returned at 4:30 a.m. on Jan. 22 his backpack was missing. The missing backpack contained a laptop, iPad, and other valuable items. University Police are assisting the student in locating his backpack.

Retail Theft
Jan. 22, 2016

Two Carnegie Mellon students were reported for retail theft from the Entropy Convenience store in the Cohon University Center. University Police questioned the two Carnegie Mellon students who were observed by Entropy staff attempting to unlawfully remove several candy bars from the store. The students will face internal discipline as a result of this incident.