Television pilot films on campus

Trucks and trailers lined Frew Street on Friday to support the filming of _Those Who Kill_ in Posner Hall.  (credit: Justin McGown/Online Editor) Trucks and trailers lined Frew Street on Friday to support the filming of _Those Who Kill_ in Posner Hall. (credit: Justin McGown/Online Editor) Credit: Justin McGown/Online Editor Credit: Justin McGown/Online Editor Film crews and equipment lined the halls of Posner on Friday (credit: Justin McGown/Online Editor) Film crews and equipment lined the halls of Posner on Friday (credit: Justin McGown/Online Editor) Seconds before the first take of a scene from the pilot. (credit: Justin McGown/Online Editor) Seconds before the first take of a scene from the pilot. (credit: Justin McGown/Online Editor)

Film crews set up on campus on Friday to begin filming the pilot episode of Those Who Kill, an adaptation of the Danish crime drama of the same name. The pilot is a Fox 21 and A&E production and is directed by Joe Carnahan.

At the time of this post, the crew was filming scenes in Posner 153 and on the nearby staircase. In these scenes, a behavioral analyst and college professor, played by James D'Arcy, is giving a lecture at a fictitious school to his students when a police officer, played by Chloƫ Sevigney, tries to recruit him to help her catch serial murderers.

Sevigney has previously played Lana Tisdale in Boys Don't Cry and Shelley in American Horror Story: Asylum. D'Arcy recently portrayed Rufus Sixsmith in Cloud Atlas and Anthony Perkins in the upcoming film Hitchcock.

Glen Morgan, the executive producer, said that shooting was delayed until during finals when the rooms were more available. Morgan added that since the show is only a pilot, they only have a script to present to Carnegie Mellon's administration when they approached the school about filming on campus. "There's nothing [for the school] to look at to see if we're going to make the school look cheesy," he said.

Morgan also said that to accommodate Carnegie Mellon's schedule the scenes filmed on campus, which were originally day scenes, were changed to night scenes.

The pilot will be finished in February, and if the networks decide to make the rest of the series, Carnegie Mellon architecture will be used for external and establishing shots.