Crime and Incident

Public Intoxication

Aug. 18, 2011

University Police responded to several reports of a group of males in the fraternity quadrangle who were being loud, urinating in public, and verbally abusing other students.

Officers arrived and found two underage males intoxicated. They were cited and escorted home.

Flooding

Aug. 19, 2011

Many areas of campus flooded due to severe storms. The basement levels of certain campus buildings especially suffered damages from the rain. The University’s emergency response departments worked to ensure the safety of the campus.

Elevator Entrapment

Aug. 19, 2011

During the storms, the power went out in Hunt Library and caused the elevator to become stuck with a university staff member inside. University police were able to safely extricate the person from the elevator.

Public Intoxication

Aug. 21, 2011

Carnegie Mellon officers and Pittsburgh EMS responded to the corner of Forbes Avenue and Craig Street for a report of an intoxicated male who was ill outside of Kiva Han. The student was transported to the hospital.

Public Intoxication

Aug. 21, 2011

University Police and Pittsburgh EMS responded to Beeler Street for a report of an intoxicated female. The female was transported to the hospital for further evaluation.

Earthquake

Aug. 23, 2011

Mild tremors were felt on Carnegie Mellon’s campus shortly before 2 p.m., related to a 5.8-magnitude earthquake in Virginia. No damage was found on campus and no injuries were reported.

Underage Drinking

Aug. 24, 2011

University police responded to Pi Delta Psi fraternity for a report of a loud party that was serving alcohol to minors. One minor was cited for underage drinking, and the fraternity was cited for not following university policy.

Odor of Marijuana

Aug. 24, 2011

Officers responded to Hamerschlag House following a report of an odor of marijuana. Upon arrival, the offenders were identified and three citations were issued to two students.