Special

2011 Alumni Achievement Award winner profiles

Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations Credit: Courtesy of Alumni Relations

Nikhil Balram
E ’86, ’88, ’92

Nikhil Balram is president and CEO of Ricoh Technologies, Inc. He is a recognized leader in the field of video and display technologies, having previously been an executive at several display companies. He received his bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in electrical engineering from Carnegie Mellon.

Daniel M. Fawcett
TPR ’88

Daniel Fawcett is the president of FOX Digital Media, which manages all of FOX’s online properties and branding. He has had executive roles in several of FOX’s business units. Fawcett is an adjunct professor in the Heinz College. He received his bachelor’s degree from Tufts University, his J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh, and his MBA from Carnegie Mellon.

Paul F. Jacob III
A ’71

Paul Jacob is chairman of RTKL Associates, Inc., one of the largest global architecture firms in the world. He has been heavily involved in urban and suburban redevelopment and in retail development for the past three decades.

Rajeev K. Mehta
TPR ’92

Rajeev Mehta is the chief operating officer of global client services at Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. Mehta has two decades of experience in the IT field. He received his BS from the University of Maryland and his MBA from Carnegie Mellon.

Neil J. Spisak
A ’78

Neil Spisak is a production designer who has worked on several high-profile Hollywood movies, as well as TV shows and advertisements. His credits include production design for the Spider-Man film series and production design on advertisements for Activision, Mini Cooper, and the PlayStation, among others.