100 years ago
April 20, 1910
It was reported that a student named Rigamont “had a dream depicting one of the faculty in theatrical roles.” The day The Tartan allows me to start filling this space with my dreams is the final day this paper will ever be allowed in print.

50 years ago
April 13, 1960
The front page boasts the exciting news that this year, The Thistle will be the largest in history, with over 300 pages of content. Only half of those pages will be filled with pictures of nerdy-looking boys and girls sitting awkwardly next to each other in clusters.

25 years ago
April 16, 1985
A first-year wrote a hilarious column this week about how the small sleep interludes between hitting the snooze button on his alarm “are the most pleasant and satisfying anyone can ever have.” Amen to that, brother. Amen to that.

10 years ago
April 17, 2000
Alpha Epsilon Pi’s booth collapsed this year during the Friday night of Carnival, injuring six patrons of the booth, including a “laceration of the buttocks” for one unlucky girl. Well, let’s just hope this never happens again. We don’t want any more buttock lacerations, do we?

5 years ago
April 18, 2005
Apparently, Alpha Epsilon Pi’s booth has a history of collapsing every five years, a spectacle that once again occurred this week. Here’s hoping the brothers will spend a little extra on safety equipment next time in case the five-year curse strikes again.

1 year ago
April 20, 2009
Debates about showing pornographic films on campus were in full swing this week after a Maryland senator introduced legislature cutting state funding for schools that showed adult movies. At least in our case, shouldn’t these movies be mandatory on campus, what with the “Sex Kills...” T-shirts?