100 years ago
March 23, 1910
In a response to a $25,000 prize offered by Andrew Carnegie to create a heavier-than-air flying machine, it is noted that eight students have succeeded in the challenge. Whoopee, a flying machine? What will they ever think of next?

50 years ago
March 16, 1960
A letter to the editor insists that chivalry is not dead at Carnegie Mellon. A lass who recently got stuck in bad weather was aided by “the Tech gentry” who rolled her car out of the snow. Not exactly risking your life for your love, but we’ll take what we can get at this university.

25 years ago
March 12, 1985
The Ice Tartans were beaten this past week in ice hockey by the Duquesne Dukes, 6–1, in a playoff game. Well, neither school even has a non-club hockey program today, so it looks like solving the Tartans’ goal-tending problems didn’t really matter in the long run.

10 years ago
March 20, 2000
An article boasts that the Student Dormitory Council apparently changed the meal plan for the upcoming semester, getting rid of meal blocks and substituting them with what they are calling “value meals.” Well, since we still have blocks, it looks like Carnegie Mellon is a flip-flopper on this issue.

5 years ago
March 21, 2005
A Forum article decries the unrealistic standards and poor body image that are promoted by reality TV shows. As a skinny person myself, I can agree with the writer that these notions are overrated and that you should definitely partake in a delectable hamburger.

1 year ago
March 23, 2009
A Pillbox article goes over some ways to alleviate the stress that comes with diving back to school after spring break. Want another way? Just stay where you were, because you were probably a much happier person in that place than you ever were here. Not to be negative, of course.