So, beloved reader, I bet you're wondering how the WRCT Dance Party came out.
Well, let me tell you, ace, it was quite a night. Here are some morsels to give you a taste of what it was like:
- Dancing duos, lips locked and hips entrenched in the loins of their partners, grooving to wobbling square waves.
- Architecture students bouncing to the beat in a genderless free-for-all of grinding, packed so tightly they looked like human accordions.
- Crafty remixes that had the crowd guessing at the next batch of music to go into the sonic bouillabaisse.
- A break dancing circle that lasted for a half-hour.
- Lasers and an ingenious video jockey set.
- Down-tempo pleasure in the blue room, rocked by five DJs.
- The company of your friends.
Tell me if that doesn't sound like the best night you had in a while.
Oh, you weren't there? Well, by gosh you missed out on the hootenanny of the month! A night where you could truly get lost in the maze of musical mayhem crafted by WRCT's DJs.
If you're looking to experience the glory of a WRCT dance party, keep your eyes out in the spring for announcements regarding our spring semester dance party. Idioms aside, it'll be sure to knock you off your rocker.
Some warm and fuzzy songs to keep your spirits up in the face of the cold:
"Angel Echoes" by Four Tet (UK)
"Alohamora" by Pogo (Western Australia)
"A Gigantic Dub" by Tommy McCook & the Aggravators (Jamaica)
"Perverted Undertone" by Prefuse 73 (Atlanta, Barcelona, New York)
"Cabildo" by Chico Trujillo (Chile)