100 years ago
April 22, 1909

The photographer O. C. Henry claims “All good students are photographed by Henry.” Shooting for class and fraternity groups, Henry also has a special on “Face-book snapshots, with lots of mirth, oh my divinity.”

50 years ago
April 22, 1959

Red Bull might not have existed 50 years ago, but it might as well have. An advertisement for NoDoz awakeners shows a caffeinated fox, “bright eyed and bushy tailed,” looking prepared to write a 50-page paper overnight. Lauded for being as “safe as coffee,” NoDoz tablets offer a perfect way to stay awake during the next Glen Miller concert your girlfriend drags you to.

25 years ago
April 23, 1984

Carnegie Mellon will be hosting a national fencing tournament at the main gym. Over five Carnegie Mellon students have qualified for the tournament, which covers Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and New Jersey. As part of the celebration, fencers have taken the Fence. For the façade, fencers fenced the Fence. After fencing the Fence, fencers faced felony for fouling the Fence.

10 years ago
April 26, 1999

Plans are being made to build a new residence hall in the grassy area between Donner, Margaret Morrison, and Resnik. While nothing has been finalized yet, it is projected that building will begin in January 2000 and end sometime around June 2001. “There is nothing set in stone yet,” says a first-year student who happens to be in the Student Dormitory Council and Student Life Committee. The residence was never actually constructed, but SDC claims it wasn’t their fault, as they finished their macaroni and glue plate building miniatures well before their deadline.

1 year ago
April 21, 2008

In the “Crime and Incident” section, an unknown male attacks Buggy participants on the Frew Street race track. After realizing that the person was not a student, the perpetrator was escorted off campus. Due to his violent nature, no teams offered him a buggy ride back home. Also, no one believed the man when he claimed that his house was the Titanic booth on Midway.