Athletes of the week

Football?Kicker Nathaniel Greenstein made a 41-yard field goal as time expired to secure the Tartans? 23?20 homecoming victory over Case Western Reserve University. The kick, the longest of his career, brought the Academic Bowl back to Carnegie Mellon. Greenstein also added clutch field goals of 25 and 27-yards

Running back Travis Sivek ran for a career best 196 yards on
31 carries, including 2 touchdowns. The Tartans used Sivek to wear down the Case Western.
Soccer?Sean Filipovitz netted the game winning goal in the 80th minute of Friday?s 2?1 win over Case Western Reserve. Filipovitz?s score secured the Tartans? seventh straight victory.

Cross-Country?Senior Nick End recovered from a fall to finish 5th in the UAA championship. His result helped push the Tartans to their first conference championship since 1989.

Dana Irrer, the team?s senior captain, ran his best time of the season and finished third at the UAA conference championships. Irrer, an All-American last year, will lead the team next week at the regional competition at Dickinson College. The team needs to finish in the top three to advance to the nationa competition.

Volleyball?Catie Fisher led the Tartans to three victories at this week?s UAA tournament. She led the team with 66 kills and recorded 35 digs. For her performance she was named a UAA Top Performer of the Week.